Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Rainy Tuesday

I like rain. Granted, enough of it and I start to get stir-crazy, but I like rain. Living in Seattle for two years was SO different from the South. But the GREEN was amazing. Everywhere that you would look, it was GREEN. And when you didn't see GREEN, you saw BLUE..as in water. There were lakes all around and also, the Puget Sound. Today, it is gray and cloudy and wet. The lights in the house are bright and a cup of tea sounds good. This ultimately is part of my Scots/Irish ancestry (I think)....this love of rain and tea and galoshes. I should go make a pan of shortbread and then I'll be happy! Well, until the shortbread burns and the children start fussing. :)
I am thankful for the rain. I am thankful for that smell in the air when the rain is coming or going. Ahhhh, rain.

No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!