Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Concern

God tells me that His grace is sufficient for me. This is what I must remember above all else. I get mired down sometimes by my circumstances and feel that there is no end. It is difficult when one that you love, one that you have birthed, one that you "feel" should be maturing, seems as crazy as a toddler. I was feeling sorry for myself as I read an article about a couple going on a cruise, leaving their children with the grandmother. I sometimes think that that will never happen. The only time I will ever get away is when the child is grown and living with someone else. Please don't misunderstand. I love this child. I asked for this child. God is teaching me. I am not sure what, but He is teaching me. I am growing through the difficulties with this child.
I feel guilty for feeling lighthearted when this child is not with me. I LOVE when he goes to camp. I have a whole week of calm. Yet, I am nervous. I am worried that any minute I will get a call from the camp. "Mama, I am in trouble. You will have to come pick me up."
The fact is that I needn't borrow trouble. God knows. He watches this child. He watches me. He knows my thoughts and my concerns. I must just lean on Him. I must pray for this child. I must give him to God and let God calm my fears and my worries.
His grace is sufficient for me.

No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!