Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW!

Snow is fun. Snow is more fun if there is more than an 1/8th of an inch! This, however, has not hindered the children one bit. They have made snowcones. They have had snowball fights. There are at least two snowballs in the freezer "for later, Mama!" There is at least an inch of water on the kitchen floor. Most of the kitchen utensils (ladles, butter knives, spatulas) are buried somewhere in the front yard.....just enough snow for them to "disappear"! Don't get me wrong...I really do love snow. I LIVE for the winter. DH tells me that snow is bad when it is there all winter - rusted out cars, dirty snow, etc. But, if I lived in Lillehammer, I wouldn't have to worry about cars and dirty snow....I would just put cross-country skis on all the children and send them to the store for me! :)

Now, the only thing that would make this snow better REALLY would be a nice blazing fire, a cup of coffee, a Diana Gabaldon novel and QUIET. I haven't found the quiet yet, so ...off to piano with 4 Baker children and two Stout children. Life around here is never dull.

No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!