Sunday, May 4, 2008

Did you ever wonder.........?

Did you ever wonder if people plan for church to be boring? Church is a place to worship and adore Christ. It is not necessarily a place of gloom and boredom. We visited a church this morning. It was recommended...not just a place we randomly picked. I had high hopes. Instead, it seemed to be "dumbed down". I want church to be where I can learn and sing and worship and serve. This place just wasn't for us. I am not sure where we will go next week.
Mark and I are busy doing spring cleaning. He spent some time last night working on his side of the closet. I have been working on throwing out 30 things a day. That can be time consuming or not - it just depends on what you are getting rid of. I told Mark the other day that we couldn't buy anything else at our favorite thrift store until we gave some things to our favorite thrift store. We really do have way too much "stuff" in our house.
Mark's family is coming for Memorial Day Weekend. I want to have new curtains in the living room to replace the ugly old burnt orange roman shades. I think the shades have been here as long as the house. I am also deep cleaning bathrooms and bedrooms. It would be great to have a new mattress in the little boys' room, but I can't justify that for a weekend. Maybe Mark and I will sleep in there and let his brothers have the other bedrooms. There will be at least ten of us here. It will be crazy, but fun.
This afternoon, we are going to softball practice. The children love to go and help and also play at the playground. I am going to run to Mom's and pick up a few things. I also have to run get a present for Laurabeth. We are going to dinner tonight for her birthday. That will be fun.
This week starts a crazy week...we are getting ready for Swan Lake on Friday night and we are preparing for piano recitals next week. After that, life is going to be dull! All that running around and when it is done, we will have nothing to do....well, not really, but it will seem that way.

Teresa

No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!