Thursday, May 15, 2008

Trying to Keep My Head Together

Nobody every said that every day has to be great, right? The last few days have really been a trial of my patience. Ren has really been having a hard time and I just feel at such a loss. These are days when I feel like I should retire my place as Mother and go hire someone to do a better job. I know that everyday is not going to be a picnic. It seems I am preaching that to the children all the time. I think that my hormones get out of whack and I don't get enough sleep and then I am just a bear. I am even a bear to Himself. I would really like to climb in a closet and shut the door and stay there for awhile.
Whew. Okay, you know........I am not so bad off. I was reading about the Chinese families that have lost their children. The children that are 1 per family. The children who are to look after them when they are old. The children who they have hung all their hopes on and now they have nothing. I should be praying for these mothers and fathers and praying that God's light will shine even through this horrible disaster. I will be praying. I get so selfish sometimes (often) and I need to be focusing on others instead of me.
Our softball game is still on for this evening as far as I can tell. We usually eat at the field and the children run and play and have a great time. Tomorrow starts Ren's baseball tournament for the weekend. We will be in Mississippi. We will need to find things to do while we are waiting for the different game times.
Next weekend, Himself's brothers come to visit. Ren has another tournament. I am hoping that Deda and Bubba can help with a couple of the games. Otherwise, we will be spending lots of time with all of us at the games. The good news is that the games are very close to where we live.
I saw an interesting billboard...it said, "Perseverance - if you are going through HELL, Don't STOP!"
That is what I need to remember!

No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!