Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fourth of July Aprons

I am making Fourth of July/Independence Day aprons for two dear people. One is our friend, Mrs. Parish. She always invites us over for an Independence Day celebration. She and Mr. Parish provide all the food and they have a in-ground pool. She doesn't ever want us to bring anything, so I thought that I would make her an apron to wear each year at the party. The other person is my sister-in-law, Julie. She has a birthday on July 5th. I thought she would enjoy a little apron as well.
I picked red quilting fabric for one side and navy with stars for the other side. I will do the topstitiching in gold thread. I will try to get Himself to post a picture of one when I am finished.
Himself and I have a date tonight. We are meeting friends for dinner. Our babysitter is in town for two days and so we are going out. It feels weird to go out on a weeknight. I always think that the following day is a Saturday or Sunday.

No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!