Thursday, July 10, 2008

Post Partum Depression

I have a friend whose blog talked today about PPD. I think it is so sad that so many women still struggle with PPD and don't even realize it. I have had it 4 times and that is just about the thing I dread most about having babies. I LOVE being pregnant. I love looking forward to holding that new wee one in my arms. I love that smell of clean diapers and baby skin. I DO NOT LOVE feeling so sad that I just want to disappear. When my last baby was born, I sat and read Psalms over and over and over. I just claimed a single chapter and begged God to take away the sadness. I felt so paralyzed and unable to DO anything.
I am thankful that My FATHER is able to see past the depression to my heart. He met the needs that I had. He provided my sweet husband to help me and hold me. He provided my doctor who prescribed medication that helped me get back on my feet. He provided friends and family who helped with the Littles and brought food.
Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!