Monday, July 7, 2008

A snapshot


I am thinking...
about meeting my sister and her children in just a bit for a time of sharing with one another. the children will play and we will plan a birthday tea for our Mama.



Somewhere near me....there is a patch of green....Himself has to take the weed-eater to it because the space is too small for the lawnmower. the sky is marvelously blue with scattered clouds

I am thankful...
for my sweet husband who looks at me with loving eyes....he sees in me the beauty that I can't see myself. also, i am thankful for my sweet wee ones who are growing so quickly. and I am most of all thankful for my Father who forgives me for running from Him and waits and listens when I share with Him.

In the sewing room...
I have a reversible baby bubble....it is royal blue with red, yellow, green and white dots. It is lined with white pique. I need to add a button and crotch snaps. Also, there is an "Ashley" bubble (from Children's Corner)made of tan and white gingham. It needs buttons and crotch snaps. I have plans for another outfit forming in my head. And, I am working on a "Mary De" - navy and white gingham with smocking of the Wizard of Oz.

From the kitchen...
just thinking about dinner....cornbread salad sounds good...but what to have with it? tomorrow, I am making Shrimp Mediterranean for Bible study.....I need to get everything ready for that

I am wearing...
pajamas....apricot plaid capris with a blue cotton t-shirt...nothing special...need to go shower

I am reading...
Careless in Red by Elizabeth George. It is the latest book in her "Inspector Lynley" series. I am also always reading whatever I can get my hands on. I got a new "No Greater Joy" magazine. That was interesting. Also, I am reading lots to figure out what I am using to homeschool this fall.

I am hoping...
that I make really good use of this week....spending time with the children and with Himself...enjoying the small break

I am hearing...
my three littlest children talking about Pokemon cards. Muireann has just woken up and she has her sleepy voice on....Reed and Aiden have been up since 6...they have LOUD voices and talk over one another so that they can be heard...they are very melodramatic

One of my favorite things...
falling into bed too tired to think about things around me....feeling safe and loved and quiet.


Some plans for the week....
Bible study potluck, Ballet moms night out, date with Himself, swimming with the children, picking up Ren from camp





No comments:

At our 10th wedding anniversary

At our 10th wedding anniversary
we are now at year 15.5!